Wednesday, August 11, 2010

GARGOYLE JT



There's nothing like a horse with a kind eye and a soft nose longing for a pat over the fence. Gargoyle JT is always willing to leave his hay to come to the gate for a chat and a scratch. He's got that kind, intelligent look that eminates from the old stallions that seem to say that they've been there, done that and are content with life in general. When I look at this photo, it reminds me that I have an old snapshot or two of Gargoyle and Alix (then age 6, I think), in the paddock together with him sniffing her and following her around like a pup. I think I will look for that one this week to scan it to make sure we don't lose it.

Gargoyle JT was bred by Jo-Ann and Jon Trusz of Fruitvale, BC and he's by a Spruce Meadows stallion, Goodwill SM out of Cripple Creek Farm's Wilma. Here at Slipstream Farm, we have 2 of his offspring, Gimli (out of Kestrel) and Gonika (out of Maximum Delight xx). Gargoyle's temperament is reflected in both of these offspring as is his talented jumping ability and free flowing movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment