Friday, April 9, 2010




Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.
- Ogden Nash
When I came across this quote, this universal truth, by Ogden Nash, I can’t tell you how relieved I felt. There was one person in this world that knew what I experienced. This little picture of Alix when she was about 2 years old says it all and obviously from the state of her outfit, I was a little late in catching up with her. “No, don’t touch! Oh, what the hell ... go for it.” I was soon resigned to my fate of years of being ignored - even to this day. Alix brought home 2 kittens two years ago June as a “surprise” for me. Ignoring the fact that we had had a welcomed reprieve from house cats for almost 24 months, she decided it was time to liven things up a little... new leather couches be damned. Now, as Lily and Cora’s 2nd birthday approaches, I’m still fighting to get the kitty litter changed. See that look in this photo, I get that with a few good expletives from a now 18 year old. Another old saying ... “the more things change, the more they stay the same”.

No comments:

Post a Comment